South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has announced a public consultation on plans to implement a bus priority scheme at the Aztec West roundabout and the section of Bradley Stoke Way between the roundabout and Woodlands Lane. The aim of the proposed work is to “allow buses to avoid the queues and delays that occur on the approaches to the roundabout during the weekday morning and evening peak periods”.
The proposals form part of the Greater Bristol Bus Network (GBBN) identified in the Joint Local Transport Plan (JLTP) produced by the West of England Partnership, formed of four unitary authorities – Bath & North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire – and a range of social, economic and environmental partners.
The detailed plans are available on the SGC website and will be on display in the shopping centre of the Aztec West Business Park from Monday 14th April to Monday 18th April.
Responses to the consultation must be made to SGC by Monday 28th April.
Last 5 posts in South Gloucestershire Council
- South Glos council tax to rise by 5.99 percent - 15th March 2018
- Rollout of smaller black bins under way - 7th February 2018
- Residents congratulated for recycling efforts - 18th January 2018
- Introduction of slimline black bins quietly postponed to next year - 4th December 2017
- Weekly recycling starts 19th June, but new sorting rules criticised - 6th June 2017