The dispute between Bradley Stoke Town Council and Northavon Bowls Club, brought to a head by an invasion of the Baileys Court bowling green on Sunday, is featuring extensively this morning on the “Breakfast with Richard Wyatt” programme on BBC Radio Bristol. Local bowls hero Tony Allcock, Chief Executive of Bowls England was heard just after the 7am news voicing support for the Bowls Club and calling on the Council to be more more proactive in encouraging community sport. An interview with Bradley Stoke Town Council is expected to be broadcast later in the programme.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Meet the new mayor: Cllr Tony Griffiths - 2nd August 2020
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - 4th February 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - 6th October 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - 25th June 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - 16th June 2019