Northavon Bowls Club is taking legal action in an attempt to regain access to the green at Baileys Court Activity Centre in Bradley Stoke. The Club has been prevented from using the green for several weeks in a dispute with Bradley Stoke Town Council over a proposed new rental agreement.
The Council decided at its Annual General Meeting on 22nd May to cease negotiations with the Club and ordered it to remove all its equipment from Baileys Court by 5pm on 28th May.
In a press release put out this evening, the Bowls Club says it will remove its equipment “under duress” tomorrow (27th May). The statement goes on to say that the Club is “prepared to pay the full cost attributable to its occupation of the premises”, but claims that the Council is “not prepared to make a fair assessment of those costs”.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Meet the new mayor: Cllr Tony Griffiths - 2nd August 2020
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - 4th February 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - 6th October 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - 25th June 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - 16th June 2019