Local bus operator First Group has announced price rises that come into effect on Sunday 31st August. The company is blaming the price hike (said to average six per cent) on increased fuel costs.
Most standard adult and child single and return fares will rise by 10p, while the prices of FirstDay tickets for Bristol zones 1 & 2 go up by 20p (the new adult price is £4.20 on-peak, £3.90 off-peak).
The latest rises follow a 4.1 per cent increase in January.
Elsewhere, South Gloucestershire Council has announced that the 487 school service to The Ridings, Winterbourne, has been withdrawn with the 963 service being re-routed via Bradley Stoke to provide an alternative service. The revised 963 service runs from Wednesday 3rd September.
Related Links: The Journal’s guide to bus services in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020