Local bus operator First Group has announced price rises that come into effect on Sunday 31st August. The company is blaming the price hike (said to average six per cent) on increased fuel costs.
Most standard adult and child single and return fares will rise by 10p, while the prices of FirstDay tickets for Bristol zones 1 & 2 go up by 20p (the new adult price is £4.20 on-peak, £3.90 off-peak).
The latest rises follow a 4.1 per cent increase in January.
Elsewhere, South Gloucestershire Council has announced that the 487 school service to The Ridings, Winterbourne, has been withdrawn with the 963 service being re-routed via Bradley Stoke to provide an alternative service. The revised 963 service runs from Wednesday 3rd September.
Related Links: The Journal’s guide to bus services in Bradley Stoke
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020