A notice of election for the Town Councillor vacancy in Bradley Stoke’s Meadowbank parish ward has been posted on the Town Council’s noticeboards around the town. Should the vacancy be “contested”, i.e. should there be more than one candidate, the election will take place on Thursday 2nd October.
Nominations papers must be submitted to the Returning Officer at South Gloucestershire Council by noon on Friday 5th September.
Click on the thumbnail image to view a photo of the election notice.
Bradley Stoke Town Council (BSTC) has not seen fit to publish the notice of election on its website, despite press spokesperson John Ashe admitting to the Bradley Stoke Examiner that the Council’s publication practices are decades behind the times. Mr Ashe’s comments came after a number of readers contacted The Journal to complain that the Meadowbank vacancy had not been advertised on the BSTC website.
Do you live in the Meadowbank parish ward? Check out the interactive map of parish ward boundaries on The Journal’s Contact your Councillor page.
[Postscript – Monday 1st September] The Journal is pleased to note that BSTC has responded to residents’ concerns and made the notice of election available on its website.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Meet the new mayor: Cllr Tony Griffiths - 2nd August 2020
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - 4th February 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - 6th October 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - 25th June 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - 16th June 2019