Lots of free events going on in and around Bradley Stoke this weekend.
Saturday (13th) sees the opening of South Gloucestershire’s first permanent orienteering course in Bradley Stoke’s Three Brooks Nature Reserve, with a special ‘come and try orienteering’ day that is free and fun for all the family. The event runs from 11am to 3pm with free maps and friendly advice available at the start point behind Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre (near the skate park). The orienteering course also incorporates a nature trail which enables participants to learn more about the wildlife that can be seen in the reserve.
South Gloucestershire’s Heritage Open Days run until Sunday (14th) with the closest attractions being St Mary’s Church, Almondsbury, the Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust, Patchway (Saturday only) and Winterbourne Medieval Barn.
Bristol Doors Open Day, now in its fifteenth year, takes place on Saturday with 65 significant contemporary and historic buildings open to the public.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018