Bradley Stoke’s Baileys Court Primary School has been closed today after being hit by a sickness bug.
A message placed on the school’s website yesterday (Thursday) states that the closure is being made to “[contain a] widespread sickness bug amongst the children … and avoid further infection.”
A spokesperson at South Gloucestershire Council told The Journal that representatives of the Council’s Environmental Services department visited the school yesterday and suggested that the school close for the day on Friday while the school receives a deep clean.
The school is expected to re-open on Monday as normal, although parents are advised to avoid sending children back to school until 48 hours after they were last sick.
Last 5 posts in Education
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020
- Primary school children presented with award for local litter pick - 15th February 2020