The BBC runs School Report so that young people from across the UK have the chance to make their own news to real deadlines and broadcast it to real audiences.
Today is the project’s News Day, when schools around the country simultaneously create video, audio and text-based news reports, and publish them on a school website, to which the BBC aims to link.
Students have created a three minute video report on a recent tree planting day that formed part of a series of ‘Climate Change’ events at the school. The day was attended by One Show wildlife presenter Mike Dilger and 300 trees were planted in the school grounds, under the guidance of volunteers from the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers.
Last 5 posts in Education
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020
- Primary school children presented with award for local litter pick - 15th February 2020