Contractors working on the new Beacon Play Park on Jubilee Green are racing to complete the project in time for a grand opening on 24th July.
Bradley Stoke Town Council (BSTC) previously said the work would take five to six weeks but the park is still far from finished more than seven weeks after diggers moved onto the site on 27th May.
The original timescale announced by the Council allowed a period of about four weeks for “turf on the site to establish” before the play park was opened to the public.
Despite the delays, Bradley Stoke Matters reports that the grand opening will go ahead on Friday 24th July, between 4pm and 6pm.
Latest plans of the play park (on the BSTC website):
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018