A 29-year-old man is fighting for his life in hospital after being assaulted in a Bradley Stoke street, according to a report from the Bristol Evening Post.
The report says the attack happened at around 11pm on Saturday night (25th July) near the junction of Pye Croft [map] and Westfield Way in the north of the town.
The paper quotes an Avon and Somerset Police spokesperson as saying:
“I can confirm that a 29-year-old man is currently in a serious condition in Frenchay Hospital following an assault in Pye Croft, Bradley Stoke, at around 11pm on Saturday.
“Two 15-year-olds have been arrested and are helping police with their inquiries.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or believes they have information which could help the inquiry is asked to contact the police on 0845 4567000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
The incident comes just weeks after an assault involving a knife that occurred near the town’s Jubilee Centre on the night of Sunday 28th June.
Earlier this year Bradley Stoke was classified a low crime zone in figures released by Avon and Somerset Police. Despite this, the force plans to assign a further police officer to the local beat team in September and has managed to persuade the Town Council to fund half the cost.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019