The Journal has learned that the Returning Officer at South Gloucestershire Council has received a valid request for an election to contest the vacant seat on Bradley Stoke Town Council created by the resignation of Cllr David Skeet (Conservative).
The request is understood to have been made by local Liberal Democrat supporters.
Voters in Bradley Stoke’s Meadowbank parish ward could be called to the polls for a second time in just over a year if more than one candidate applies to contest the seat.
The by-election, should it be necessary, will take place on Thursday 26th November.
Do you live in the Meadowbank parish ward? Check out the interactive map of parish ward boundaries on The Journal’s Contact your Councillor page.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - February 4th, 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - October 6th, 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - June 25th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - June 16th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Ben Randles - June 17th, 2018