This week’s public meeting of the Bradley Stoke Safer and Stronger Community Group is to hear a presentation on South Gloucestershire Council’s strategy for combating fly tipping.
A representative of the Aztec Hotel & Spa is also due to explain to the meeting how the hotel contributes to the local community.
The meeting will commence with a review of progress made on priority issues agreed in July, which included anti-social behaviour at the Baileys Court shops and wheelchair access issues at the Willow Brook Centre.
The Safer and Stronger Community Group (one of 20 in South Gloucestershire) was set up as part of the Neighbourhood Policing Model and South Gloucestershire Council’s Community Engagement initiative.
Participants include people who live and work in the area and representatives from the local police, Avon Fire & Rescue, NHS South Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire Council, Bradley Stoke Town Council, Southern Brooks Community Partnership and other local organisations.
The group now has its own website, where meeting agendas and minutes can be found, along with other useful community information.
This week’s meeting take place at the Baileys Court Activity Centre, Baileys Court Road on Tuesday (27th October), starting at 7pm.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019