— Click a thumbnail image to view a larger version —
Three teams from a Bradley Stoke street dance group were victorious in their respective classes at the recent 2009 UDO Welsh Street Dance Championships in Newport.
Fahrenheit Dance Studio Bristol’s K Boom team (pictured above, left) came first in the under-10 newcomer category.
The group’s Escape team (centre) were winners of the under-14 open category, while “veterans” BS1 (right) beat off six other teams to clinch the under-18 intermediate title.
The teams all train on Saturdays at Riverside Leisure Club, Little Stoke, and they also took part in the recent 10th Anniversary celebration event at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre.
Fahrenheit’s leader Miraille Dehaney says the teams are all looking forward to the British Championships, which take place at Brean Sands in February:
They will have hard competition as the Irish and Scottish teams all compete there, but I have every faith that they will get placed.
The group runs “pay as you go” dance classes on Tuesday evenings at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018