A poetry and photography competition is to be run in conjunction with an event that celebrates International Women’s Day (IWD) in South Gloucestershire.
Southern Brooks Community Partnership (SBCP), which organises the annual IWD event at Bradley Stoke Community School, says:
We want to hear from you about one woman who has influenced your life; your mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, friend, teacher, wife, daughter or even an historical figure, etc – a woman who has loved you, inspired you, supported you, believed in you, someone you love, a woman you know who has made a difference in your life.
The competition is open to men and women aged eleven and over, who are residents of South Gloucestershire.
Entries, which may be a photograph OR a poem OR both, must be received by Saturday 9th January 2010. Winners will be announced at the IWD event on Thursday 11th March 2010.
More information and entry form: International Women’s Day 2010 (SBCP)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018