Woods Estate Agents, Bradley Stoke, Bristol

Jubilee Green play park survey confirms demand for toilets

Posted on Wednesday 16th December 2009 at 6:50 am by SH (Editor)

Jubilee Park Grand OpeningThe results of a survey of users of the Jubilee Green play park have been published by the Friends of Jubilee Green volunteer group.

89% of the 55 people polled said they would like access to toilets at the park and 71% said they would visit the park more often if they had permanent access to toilets at the Savages Wood Road site.

The news reinforces representations already made to Bradley Stoke Town Council, which does not allow members of the public to use toilets at the nearby Jubilee Centre when any of its rooms are in use by hirers.

36% of users think the park is “great”, with the remaining 64% classifying it as “OK, but could be better”.

The most-mentioned positive feature about the park was the nest swing, named by 47% of respondents.

The park was officially opened in July 2009 following two months of construction funded by the Big Lottery Fund, South Gloucestershire Council and Bradley Stoke Town Council.

The Friends have also updated the Projects page of their website to detail improvements planned for the park, which include a “youth space”, a living willow fence, additional play equipment, an orchard and a community garden.

Share this article:

Tags: Beacon Playground, Jubilee Green

Comments are closed.

Advertise your Bradley Stoke business

The Bradley Stoke Journal magazine - your MONTHLY local newspaper.
Ocean Estate Agents, Bradley Stoke, Bristol.
MOT and servicing at LCM Automotive, Filton, Bristol.
Chiropractor, Patchway, Bristol BS34.