The Highways Agency has announced that the M5 motorway will be closed in both directions between junctions 17 (Cribbs Causeway) and 18 (Avonmouth) on Christmas Day.
The closure is necessary to allow contractors to demolish Lawrence Weston Bridge, which will be replaced by a new structure in the new year.
Diversions via the M4 and M49 will be operation.
Read more: Highways Agency
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020