Entries have opened for the 2010 Bradley Stoke Aquathlon (swim + run) and the organisers say they are particularly looking to attract teams from local buisnesses to enter this year’s event.
Following the highly successful inaugural staging of the race last year, which attracted almost 100 competitors, organiser Sandra Webber of Thornbury Running Club (TRC) says she is hoping for a 50% increase in entries this year.
The competition caters for beginners and experienced athletes alike by providing two courses. The shorter course consists of a 500m (20 length) swim followed by a 5km run, while the long course includes a 1,000m (40 length) swim and a 10km run.
The event takes place at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre on Sunday 14th March.
The swim phase of the event takes place in the main pool of the Leisure Centre. On leaving the water, competitors head out on foot into the adjoining Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve before returning to the finish line at the Leisure Centre.
Each business team will be formed of two people: one to do the swim and another to tackle the run.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018