Most schools in Bradley Stoke are planning to re-open today (Friday) after being closed for two days following heavy snow falls on Tuesday night.
Bradley Stoke Community School and five of the town’s six primary schools have indicated that they will open, although in most cases at a slightly later time than normal. St Mary’s RC Primary is yet to confirm whether it will open or not. There are more details on our Snow Watch page.
Bus services in the town are back to normal after being suspended for the whole of Wednesday and part of Thursday.
No rubbish or recycling collections have been made in the last two days, but South Gloucestershire Council is asking residents to continue to put out bins on the days given in its Christmas and New Year schedule.
Schoolchildren have been making the most of their unexpected extra holidays with tobogganing and snowman building. The Journal’s photographer also spotted an igloo (pictured above) in Three Brooks Lane. There are more photos from Wednesday and Thursday in our PicasaWeb gallery.
The big freeze is set to continue for the foreseeable future, with the possibility of some further snow on Sunday.
- Bradley Stoke Snow Watch – latest news
- Bradley Stoke Weather
- Snow Photos: Wed (album, slideshow); Thu (album, slideshow)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021