Most schools in Bradley Stoke are planning to re-open today (Friday) after being closed for two days following heavy snow falls on Tuesday night.
Bradley Stoke Community School and five of the town’s six primary schools have indicated that they will open, although in most cases at a slightly later time than normal. St Mary’s RC Primary is yet to confirm whether it will open or not. There are more details on our Snow Watch page.
Bus services in the town are back to normal after being suspended for the whole of Wednesday and part of Thursday.
No rubbish or recycling collections have been made in the last two days, but South Gloucestershire Council is asking residents to continue to put out bins on the days given in its Christmas and New Year schedule.
Schoolchildren have been making the most of their unexpected extra holidays with tobogganing and snowman building. The Journal’s photographer also spotted an igloo (pictured above) in Three Brooks Lane. There are more photos from Wednesday and Thursday in our PicasaWeb gallery.
The big freeze is set to continue for the foreseeable future, with the possibility of some further snow on Sunday.
- Bradley Stoke Snow Watch – latest news
- Bradley Stoke Weather
- Snow Photos: Wed (album, slideshow); Thu (album, slideshow)
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020