A local businessman has claimed that customers of the Tesco petrol filling station in Bradley Stoke are being charged a premium compared to other Tesco garages in the Bristol area.
The man, who does not wish to be named, claims that prices at the Tesco garage in Staple Hill are consistently up to to 3p a litre cheaper than Bradley Stoke, which can add almost £2 to the price of a full tank.
The facts are that Tesco are selling fuel at up to 3p per litre cheaper at other stations of theirs, when this fuel all comes from Avonmouth at the same cost.
How can this be justified? Or is it that they feel the residents of Bradley Stoke can afford it?
He added that staff at the Bradley Stoke garage have told him that Tesco no longer operates a price comparision policy on fuel but maintain that their petrol and diesel remain “competitively priced”.
When The Journal checked prices today, the cheapest five sources within five miles of Bradley Stoke were all offering unleaded at 108.9p per litre, 2p cheaper than the 110.9p asked at Bradley Stoke.
We weren’t able to check the price at Tesco Staple Hill, but Tesco Eastville prices were 1p lower than Bradley Stoke when we checked on Sunday.
- Cheap petrol & diesel (MoneySavingExpert.com)
- Find the lowest petrol prices in your area (PetrolPrices.com)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021