An incident at Baileys Court Primary School on Thursday (4th February) resulted in an number of children being evacuated from the building.
A notice on the school website explains:
The problem arose when a thermometer was accidentally broken and the fumes (alcohol based) from it were really strong. There was also a possibility of mercury present. Actions taken were that children were evacuated immediately and the people from Environmental Health were consulted.
An Environmental Health officer is said to have visited the school and given the all clear.
The schools says it will withdraw any similar thermometers from use.
Last 5 posts in Education
- BSCS reveals phased timetable for all students returning to school - 26th February 2021
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020