Cllr Robert Jones, arch-defender of Bradley Stoke’s media image, has replied to a critical letter that appeared last week in the Bristol Evening Post.
In a letter headed “Scrap these Councils“, an unnamed reader had questioned the need for a Town Council in Bradley Stoke and called for “[Councillors’] pay and expense details [to be] published under the Freedom of Information Act”.
In his response, Cllr Jones says he is proud of the recent achievements of the Council, highlighting:
- the new children’s play area at the Jubilee Green
- the new part-time litter picker (MCO)
- the new youth centre (at Brook Way Activity Centre)
- the extra part-time police officer operating out of the Willow Brook Centre
Cllr Jones also expresses some interesting views about governance of the wider “Greater Bristol” area, including the possibility of having a directly-elected Mayor.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020