Cllr Robert Jones, arch-defender of Bradley Stoke’s media image, has replied to a critical letter that appeared last week in the Bristol Evening Post.
In a letter headed “Scrap these Councils“, an unnamed reader had questioned the need for a Town Council in Bradley Stoke and called for “[Councillors’] pay and expense details [to be] published under the Freedom of Information Act”.
In his response, Cllr Jones says he is proud of the recent achievements of the Council, highlighting:
- the new children’s play area at the Jubilee Green
- the new part-time litter picker (MCO)
- the new youth centre (at Brook Way Activity Centre)
- the extra part-time police officer operating out of the Willow Brook Centre
Cllr Jones also expresses some interesting views about governance of the wider “Greater Bristol” area, including the possibility of having a directly-elected Mayor.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bowsland Green’s Covid-19 ‘happiness snake’ finds a new home at Willow Brook - 26th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020