Organisers of the second Bradley Stoke Aquathlon, a swim and run event based at the Leisure Centre, have announced that the race is now full.
Sandra Webber of Thornbury Running Club says that a maximum field of 140 athletes will line up for the event on Sunday 14th March, which represents a 50% increase over the number that contested last year’s inaugural race.
The first competitors will begin their swim at 8.30am and the event is expected to finish by 11:30am. A prize giving ceremony will take place at around 12:30pm.
Sponsors are ZeroG, who co-own the Giant bike shop at the Willow Brook Centre, Easy Runner, Sweatshop, Kudos and Rapid Building Services.
Members of the public are advised that the main and small pools at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre will be closed until noon on the day of the event.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018