Draft minutes of a recent Bradley Stoke Town Council meeting appear to expose a deceitful attitude to the public consultation process.
A resident attending last week’s Full Council meeting queried why the agenda indicated that discussion of issues surrounding the relocation of the Council’s offices would be held in private.
Draft minutes of the 17th March meeting, recently published on the Council’s website, record the following response:
“Councillor Forsyth explained that these matters were in very early stages of discussion, once decisions had been made, the public would be fully consulted.”
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- Stokes councillor becomes first black Cabinet member - 13th December 2020
- South Glos council tax to rise by 3.99 percent - 18th March 2020
- By-election set to see around 6,700 voters called to the polls in Bradley Stoke South - 4th March 2020
- Councillor’s resignation could trigger costly by-election - 3rd February 2020
- All change for local elections on 2nd May - 3rd April 2019