A Bristol man who recently changed his name by deed poll to ‘None of the Above Zero’ says he plans to stand as a candidate in the Filton and Bradley Stoke (FABS) constituency at the General Election.
Bristol 24-7 reported last week that Mr Zero, formerly known as Eric Mutch, intended to stand as a candidate in Bristol South, where Dawn Primarolo is the current MP.
But now, writing on his ‘The Fun Revolution‘ blog, Mr Zero says he has changed his mind and will contest the FABS seat instead.
Mr Zero’s campaign statement calls for a ‘none of the above box’ to be included on ballot papers, enabling voters to voice their discontentment and/or disillusionment with the current political system and/or political parties.
Because names on ballot papers are listed alphabetically by surname, Mr Zero is likely to be the final candidate in the list, appearing as “Zero, None of the Above”.
Should he be elected, Mr Zero says he will resign immediately, forcing a by-election.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Hundreds take part in summer scarecrow trail - 25th September 2021
- Restaurant closes doors for ten days following Covid-19 'close contact' alert - 22nd August 2021
- Trench Lane Boot Sale has returned for 2021 - 6th August 2021
- New edition of charity scarecrow trail coming to Bradley Stoke in August - 20th July 2021
- Debbie and Treacle reappear at Manor Farm - 27th June 2021