A Bristol man who recently changed his name by deed poll to ‘None of the Above Zero’ says he plans to stand as a candidate in the Filton and Bradley Stoke (FABS) constituency at the General Election.
Bristol 24-7 reported last week that Mr Zero, formerly known as Eric Mutch, intended to stand as a candidate in Bristol South, where Dawn Primarolo is the current MP.
But now, writing on his ‘The Fun Revolution‘ blog, Mr Zero says he has changed his mind and will contest the FABS seat instead.
Mr Zero’s campaign statement calls for a ‘none of the above box’ to be included on ballot papers, enabling voters to voice their discontentment and/or disillusionment with the current political system and/or political parties.
Because names on ballot papers are listed alphabetically by surname, Mr Zero is likely to be the final candidate in the list, appearing as “Zero, None of the Above”.
Should he be elected, Mr Zero says he will resign immediately, forcing a by-election.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020