A Bristol man who recently changed his name by deed poll to ‘None of the Above Zero’ says he plans to stand as a candidate in the Filton and Bradley Stoke (FABS) constituency at the General Election.
Bristol 24-7 reported last week that Mr Zero, formerly known as Eric Mutch, intended to stand as a candidate in Bristol South, where Dawn Primarolo is the current MP.
But now, writing on his ‘The Fun Revolution‘ blog, Mr Zero says he has changed his mind and will contest the FABS seat instead.
Mr Zero’s campaign statement calls for a ‘none of the above box’ to be included on ballot papers, enabling voters to voice their discontentment and/or disillusionment with the current political system and/or political parties.
Because names on ballot papers are listed alphabetically by surname, Mr Zero is likely to be the final candidate in the list, appearing as “Zero, None of the Above”.
Should he be elected, Mr Zero says he will resign immediately, forcing a by-election.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020