Local Liberal Democrats have been buoyed by the news that a well-known election prediction website is forecasting a narrow victory for their candidate in the Filton and Bradley Stoke (FABS) constituency.
The Electoral Calculus website, which claims to incorporate regional as well as national swings in its modelling, is currently predicting that Peter Tyzack (Liberal Democrat) will take the seat with a tiny 0.15% margin over Jack Lopresti (Conservative).
Mr Lopresti, however, remains the clear favourite with the bookmakers, although his odds have lengthened from an initial 1/6 to 1/2 [at Ladbrokes].
Mr Tyzack’s chances are now rated at 2/1, having been 6/1 at the start of the campaign.
Ladbrokes are currently offering 8/1 against Labour candidate Ian Boulton taking the seat, although significantly longer prices are available elsewhere [e.g. 29/1 on Betfair].
All eyes will now be on tonight’s third and final televised Prime Ministerial Debate (BBC1 8:30pm), which could prove decisive – both nationally and locally.
- Election leaflets delivered in FABS (The Straight Choice)
- Latest news from the FABS candidates (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Politics
- Jack Lopresti re-elected for fourth term as MP - 18th December 2019
- Former Bradley Stoke mayor launches new political party - 2nd October 2019
- Liberal Democrats select prospective candidate for Filton and Bradley Stoke - 16th March 2019
- Labour party selects local MP candidate - 22nd March 2018
- Jack Lopresti holds FaBS but has majority halved - 9th June 2017