A Bradley Stoke man has received a kidney from his daughter – despite the fact that they have different blood groups.
Engineer Mark Trimby, 47, had the organ transplant from his daughter Carly, 24, in March using a new technique pioneered in Japan which potentially offers hope to more patients with advanced kidney failure.
The operation was the first live donor kidney transplant between two people from incompatible blood groups to take place in the south west.
Read more: Transplant op success for family (Press Association)
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- Covid-19 surge testing coming to the Stokes in response to cases of Brazilian mutation - 28th February 2021
- Covid-19 community testing unit to open in Bradley Stoke on Monday - 17th January 2021
- Residents urged to "help keep Bradley Stoke safe" following surge in Covid-19 cases - 21st December 2020
- ‘Living Well with Dementia‘ roadshow in Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd May - 20th May 2018
- Ask the Doctor: Christmas preparations - 11th December 2017