Bristol Water has issued a warning that hundreds of properties in Bradley Stoke are likely to have their water supplies cut from around 10pm tonight (Thursday 10th June 2010).
The move follows the discovery of a leak on a pressure reduction valve in a 450mm water main in Brook Way, just south of its junction with Braydon Avenue.
Around 400 properties, in Sherborne Avenue, Brake Close, Meadow Way and Foxcroft Close, are likely to lose their supplies during the work, which the company says will last two to three hours.
UPDATE (Friday 7am):
The overnight work on the faulty valve was completed successfully and all the properties that Bristol Water warned might be affected should have their supplies back to normal.
There is still a small possibility some customers may experience discoloured or cloudy water.
Latest information: Bristol Water Emergency News
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021