The main day of Bradley Stoke’s 2010 Community Festival gets under way at the earlier than usual time of 11:30am today and offers a varied programme of music and dance acts along with the ever-popular community fair.
Headline act on the main stage is tribute band ABBA Now, who will be supported by the Pantz, Smokestack Shakers, Uncle Buck and The Echoes.
Groups performing in the dance arena include Bristol Ballet, Egyptian Nights and Fahrenheit.
Over on Jubilee Green, there will be performances and demonstrations from the Chinese Association Singers, Raise Your Voice, Bradley Stoke Community School Samba Band, Bowsland Green Gym Club and South Gloucestershire Asian Dance.
The event finishes at 6pm this year, to avoid a clash with the England football team’s first match in the 2010 World Cup.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018