A number of summer holiday clubs and play schemes for school age children are now up and running in Bradley Stoke.
The Four Towns Play Association is staging its annual 5 Alive play scheme for children 5-11 years old at Bradley Stoke Community School. The free holiday club runs for four weeks, until 20th August. No need to book – just turn up with a completed registration form. It’s first come first served, so arrive early to avoid disappointment!
Older children (11+) are the focus of the Freespace activities being held at Brook Way Youth Club. Events planned include a skate park trip, It’s a Knockout competition, cricket match, football festival and a number of day trips.
There’s a sporting focus over at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre, where children aged 4-16 can enjoy sessions that include multi-sport camp, girl heaven, active camps, rollerskating, tots time, fun & games, Active FIT, fencing, cheerleading, tri golf and kids’ fun time.
This year’s ‘Space Hop‘ reading challenge was recently launched at Bradley Stoke Library, with young readers being set the target of reading six books over the holiday period. Check our What’s On guide for other activity sessions at the library.
Also joining in the fun is the Willow Brook Centre where Summer Fun days will be held every Monday in August. Kids and parents are promised an “inflaable extravaganza” plus a circus-themed assault course. Popcorn and candy floss vendors will add to the holiday atmosphere.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018