The management of Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook shopping centre have confirmed that they are in “final discussions” with Boots, the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer.
Speculation that Boots would be opening soon in Bradley Stoke heightened when a planning application in the company’s name was submitted to South Gloucestershire Council last week.
The planning application concerns unit 1 in the retail terrace, on the corner of the Town Square – between the new Simpson’s Fish and Chip shop and Brantano.
Permission is being sought because Boots wishes to add an extra “mezzanine” floor to the unit, in order to accommodate a regional office and extra storage space. The company also wishes to add an extra entrance, for direct access to the regional office.
Once extended, the store will offer 3,900 sq ft of retail space with a further 3,000 sq ft available for the regional office.
Willow Brook Centre Manager Scott Lahive said:
“This is a fantastic opportunity for Bradley Stoke. Not only will our town centre have one of the leading high street retail brands creating at least 30 jobs, but the regional office for the whole of the South West will be based here, offering many more career opportunities.”
A press release put out by the centre yesterday (Monday 23rd) confirmed that the new Boots store will house a dispensing pharmacy in addition to the usual range of cosmetics, health and beauty products.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - September 19th, 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - September 6th, 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - August 10th, 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - August 2nd, 2019
- Mixed reactions to Willow Brook Centre’s new speed bumps - April 17th, 2019