A Portuguese man has pleaded guilty to arranging a “sham” marriage between a Nigerian man living in Bradley Stoke and a Leicester-based Portuguese woman.
José Castanheira, who admitted accepting cash for arranging the wedding, pleaded guilty to the crime at Bristol Crown Court on 10th September.
Investigators from the UK Border Agency (UKBA) said that they had found no evidence that the ‘husband and wife’ ever lived together after their 2007 marriage.
The couple have failed to comply with bail conditions and are currently being sought by police.
Read more: Sham marriage fixer pleads guilty (UKBA)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021