Members of two Bradley Stoke families affected by prostate cancer will be taking part in this weekend’s Run for the Future on the Downs to raise funds for research into the disease.
The Capels and the Underwoods, who are soon to be linked by the marriage of Sam Capel and Chris Underwood, are being joined by friends and relatives to take part in the 5km run on Sunday.
The running event, now in its fifth year, is organised by The Rotary Club of Bristol to raise money for the Bristol Urological Institute’s (BUI) Prostate Cancer Appeal, which is funding research into the disease that affects about 35,000 men a year.
Read more: Running in the family (Bristol Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - May 23rd, 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - February 29th, 2020
- Marie Curie fundraisers looking for new volunteers in 2020 - January 18th, 2020
- Mental Elf Run a resounding success - January 10th, 2020
- Local community makes a splash for cash - September 26th, 2019