Members of two Bradley Stoke families affected by prostate cancer will be taking part in this weekend’s Run for the Future on the Downs to raise funds for research into the disease.
The Capels and the Underwoods, who are soon to be linked by the marriage of Sam Capel and Chris Underwood, are being joined by friends and relatives to take part in the 5km run on Sunday.
The running event, now in its fifth year, is organised by The Rotary Club of Bristol to raise money for the Bristol Urological Institute’s (BUI) Prostate Cancer Appeal, which is funding research into the disease that affects about 35,000 men a year.
Read more: Running in the family (Bristol Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Covid won’t wilt Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal - 19th March 2021
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020