Jack Lopresti, MP for Filton and Bradley Stoke, went to Washington DC last week as part of his duty as an Executive Officer of the British and American Parliamentary Group. Jack was part of a delegation of Members of Parliament who flew to the USA on a trip to promote friendly relations and mutual understanding between MPs and Members of Congress.
The trip was also significant to Jack’s role on the Defence Department Support Group. During the visit Jack met with US Government Officials from the State Department and the National Security Council.
At the Pentagon, Jack met with officials from the US Defence Department and NATO to discuss the Afghanistan Conflict and the Strategic Defence and Security Review, due to be published later this month.
“I was thrilled to be invited to represent the British Parliament on this important trip. It is vital that we continue to foster the good relations between our two countries, especially in light of the joint conflict we are fighting in Afghanistan, and to promote shared matters of common interest and concern.”
Earlier in the summer, Jack made his official representation to the Secretary of State for Defence, Dr Liam Fox, representing the Reserve Forces, the future of Strategic Airlift and the A400M procurement policy and the mental aftercare of veterans.
Last 5 posts in Politics
- Jack Lopresti re-elected for fourth term as MP - 18th December 2019
- Former Bradley Stoke mayor launches new political party - 2nd October 2019
- Liberal Democrats select prospective candidate for Filton and Bradley Stoke - 16th March 2019
- Labour party selects local MP candidate - 22nd March 2018
- Jack Lopresti holds FaBS but has majority halved - 9th June 2017