The second annual Community Showcase event for the Severnvale locality is being staged in Bradley Stoke’s Town Square at the Willow Brook Centre tomorrow (Saturday 2nd October).
Organised by Southern Brooks Community Partnership (SBCP), the event gives the local community an opportunity to meet local groups and businesses as well as representatives from the local police, churches and schools.
Up to 35 organisations and businesses from the Patchway, Bradley Stoke, Filton and Stoke Gifford areas will be manning stalls in a marquee set up for the occasion in the Town Square.
The event gets underway at 11am and runs through to 2pm with Bradley Stoke Mayor Ben Walker performing an official opening at 12 noon.
Jackie Lewis of SBCP said:
“We had a very successful first year in 2009 and expect an even bigger turn out this time with such an accessible and popular location. It’s the perfect chance for people to find out what is happening within their own community. We’re very grateful to the Willow Book Centre for agreeing to help us with this event.”
Scott Lahive, Manager of the Willow Brook Centre, said:
“We’re delighted to be involved. It makes perfect sense to host a community based event here and we look forward to a busy and successful day.”
Winsome Barrett-Muir of SBCP gave The Journal a sneak preview of some of the groups taking part in the Showcase event:
- Bradley Stoke Journal
- Bradley Stoke Bowls Club
- Three Brooks Nature Conservation Group
- South West Winterguard Academy
- Bradley Stoke Community Radio Association
- The Stokes Cycling Club
- Bradley Stoke Library
- The Care Forum
- Christ the King Church
- Bradley Stoke Evangelical Church
- Holy Family School
- Babes on Boobs
- Little Stoke Garden Society
- Bradley Stoke Womens’ Institute
- Bradley Stoke Matters
- Patchway, Filton & The Stokes Volunteer Centre
- Fire Brigade
- Aztec West Hotel & Spa
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021