Smokefree South West is to stage a stop smoking exhibition at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre on Tuesday 26th October 2010, from 9am to 5pm.
The event will showcase the free support available to smokers in the area to help them kick the habit for good.
Lindsay Thomas, Head of NHS South Gloucestershire’s Stop Smoking Service, said:
“We helped over 1,500 people in South Gloucestershire quit smoking last year. This is a great opportunity to engage with smokers from across the area that might not have had a chance to find out about the free support and advice available to them.”
David Phillips a Director of Public Health and spokesperson for Smokefree South West said:
“These community events are ideal for reaching smokers who might not know about the wonderful free support across the area in which they live.”
“The local NHS Stop Smoking Services are full of experienced, dedicated professionals who have helped thousands quit in the South West. We hope that these events will make even more people aware of the excellent free service available to them in over 1,000 locations in the region.”
Weekly ‘stop smoking’ advice sessions are held at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre on Thursdays between 4:30pm and 7:30pm.
- Stop smoking – get help to quit (NHS South Gloucestershire)
- Advice to help you stop smoking (NHS Choices)
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- Covid-19 community testing unit to open in Bradley Stoke on Monday - 17th January 2021
- Residents urged to "help keep Bradley Stoke safe" following surge in Covid-19 cases - 21st December 2020
- ‘Living Well with Dementia‘ roadshow in Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd May - 20th May 2018
- Ask the Doctor: Christmas preparations - 11th December 2017
- Event will offer hope to parents of children with neurological conditions - 7th June 2016