Young fighters from Bradley Stoke Judo Club finished off a remarkable year of achievement with Louis Arsac, Pete Miles and Stephanie Walker winning two Gold medals and one Bronze medal at the British National Judo Championships for 12 to 18-year-olds in Sheffield [full results].
Their outstanding success brings the club’s haul of national medals won this year to ten – their best yet.
Coaches Nick Brace (35) and Pete Douglas (47), who both won Gold medals at the British National Masters Championships this year, said:
“We are exceptionally proud of all our competitors. To compete at the very highest level in the country and come away with medals is a great personal triumph for the individuals and an inspiration to all the younger members of the club. Everyone has worked extremely hard and had a lot of fun as well.”
“The club just seems to be on a roll since Kelly Wilson and Beth Andrews both won silver medals at the British Schools Championships earlier on in the year. Then came our Masters competition success.”
“We were delighted when Tasha Okoye, Eli Britton and Jack Reeves won three more medals at the National Championships for under 12s. To have that followed by even more medal winning success only a few weeks later at the over 12s National Championships represents the top side of our expectations for the year.”
The coaches say they are excited about the future as the club has a number of promising fighters coming through the ranks.
Bradley Stoke Judo Club was formed in 1999 and holds training sessions four times a week at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre.
- Front row (L-R): Jack Reeves (10) – silver medal, Pete Miles (14) – gold medal, Eli Britton (11) – silver medal
- Back row (L-R): Nick Brace (35) – gold medal, Beth Andrews (14) – silver medal, Louis Arsac (13) – gold medal, Tasha Okoye (11) – bronze medal, Stephanie Walker (13) – bronze medal, Kelly Wilson (15) – silver medal, Pete Douglas (47) – gold medal
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018