The Battle of the Bands contest reaches an exciting climax this coming weekend when nine young local groups and solo artists compete for a £200 prize.
The event, which takes place on Saturday 6th November at Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) from 7pm, will see the audience vote for their favourite band and select the overall champion.
The evening promises to be a memorable event as these young talented musicians are bursting with enthusiasm and excitement.
For recently-formed bands Motivate, Empty Within and The Students this will be their first gig, while other entries like Cassette have been together for over two years and have a string of successful gigs behind them.
One thing they all share is a vision for success: “Our dream is to play to thousands of people and they then sing our songs back to us!”, say Pan Arcadia, who were formed just a month ago.
The winning band will be invited to play a 45 minute set, centre stage at the Bradley Stoke Community Festival in June 2011.
All monies raised will be used by the event organisers, Sam Beaumont and Joel Ip (two 15-year-olds at BSCS), to fund an educational trip to India in August 2011, where they will be working on a community project as well as exploring the country and culture.
Full details of Saturday’s event are available on the Battle of the Bands website. Tickets can be ordered online or by post until Wednesday 3rd November.
Full list of contestants in the 2010 Battle of the Bands:
- Not so Anonymous
- Echo into the Unknown
- The Students
- Rasta Man Time
- Pan Arcadia
- Empty Within
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Covid won’t wilt Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal - 19th March 2021
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020