The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is recruiting for a range of full and part time temporary positions to help carry out the next UK census, which will take place on Sunday 27th March 2011.
Full application details are available via www.censusjobs.co.uk and also at local job and community centres.
Working within the local community, census recruits will engage with a wide range of people and organisations. They will provide important help and support to make sure everyone in the area can complete and return their census questionnaire.
Available roles include: census coordinators, who will help to manage local teams; census collectors, who will provide help and support on the doorstep; and special enumerators, who will be responsible for communal establishments including care homes, hotels and student halls of residence.
ONS Census Director Glen Watson said:
“The census is not just about counting people, the information it provides is needed to plan vital services like schools, hospitals, housing, roads and emergency services.”
“The 2011 Census is less than six months away. We need to give people help and support to complete and return the census questionnaire and this means recruiting the right people for this important nationwide project.”
Jobs currently being advertised for the Bradley Stoke area include census coordinator (closing date 7th November) and census collector (closing date 22nd November).
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021