The Friends of Jubilee Green (FoJG) group has announced that it has been unsuccessful in a grant application for further equipment at the play park on the green.
A message on the group’s website reads:
“Unfortunately, we were not successful in our first ever grant application to Biffa to raise £50,000 for the Youth Structure and flying carpet.”
Biffa’s feedback is said to acknowledge “the potential benefits to be delivered by the proposed project” and agrees that there is “merit in the scheme”.
The group says it is now in the process of completing another application to an alternative grant provider for the same project.
Michelle Dent of FoJG told The Journal:
“With the current economic climate, finding funding for these kinds of projects is always going to be hard.”
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018