The Bristol Evening Post reports that a man was arrested after stealing two bottles of Champagne (concealed down his trousers), a frozen chicken and roast potatoes from Tesco Extra in Bradley Stoke.
The offence occurred on Saturday 18th December and the 41-year-old, from Easton, appeared at Bristol Magistrates Court on Wednesday (29th December), where he also admitted stealing two bottles of Champagne from the Waitrose store in Nailsea on Thursday 11th November.
The man, who the court was told has 245 previous convictions, was given a four week prison sentence for the two offences and had a previously suspended eight week sentence imposed.
Read more: Man arrested after stealing items from two stores (Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019