A Bradley Stoke man has helped raise more than £32,000 for a local charity by completing in an ultra-distance running race across the Alps.
Chris Barker, running in a team with David Smart from Long Ashton, completed the 300km Gore-Tex Transalpine-Run in 47 hours 36 minutes, coming 29th in the Master’s category.
To date, a massive total of £32,630 has been pledged via their SPURT JustGiving webpage.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020