Roadworks to to install a new northbound bus lane on the A38 Gloucester Road in the vicinity of the Aztec West Roundabout are likely to continue until the end of January, according to South Gloucestershire Council (SGC).
The works, which have involved frequent lane closes on the busy route, began in early April 2010.
The completion date was originally given as the end of October but a number of “engineering issues” saw that date slip to the end of November.
With the works still ongoing six weeks after the revised deadline, The Journal has been given the following statement from SGC:
“Our contractors working on the roadworks at the Aztec West roundabout have experienced significant delays due to the adverse weather conditions. This started with the continuous heavy rain in November followed by the very cold spell in December, which prevented certain works from being carried out. The bus lane is currently scheduled to open in late January, weather permitting.”
The new bus lane is part of the Greater Bristol Bus Network (GBBN) project, a £70 million scheme to improve bus services on ten key routes throughout the region.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020