At Wednesday night’s meeting, Bradley Stoke Town Council proposed spending some £3,500 of council tax payers’ money (possibly rising to £4,500) on celebrating the forthcoming Royal Wedding. This will take the form of a large TV screen, stalls and bunting etc. Personally I am against this proposal, especially in the light of our current financial and economic conditions but I would like to hear the views of others. Bearing in mind that the ceremony is only expected to last about an hour, is this public money well spent?
BS Town Councillor
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- Another Bradley Stoke town councillor resigns - 23rd March 2021
- South Glos council tax to rise by 4.99 percent - 14th March 2021
- Stokes councillor becomes first black Cabinet member - 13th December 2020
- South Glos council tax to rise by 3.99 percent - 18th March 2020
- By-election set to see around 6,700 voters called to the polls in Bradley Stoke South - 4th March 2020