At Wednesday night’s meeting, Bradley Stoke Town Council proposed spending some £3,500 of council tax payers’ money (possibly rising to £4,500) on celebrating the forthcoming Royal Wedding. This will take the form of a large TV screen, stalls and bunting etc. Personally I am against this proposal, especially in the light of our current financial and economic conditions but I would like to hear the views of others. Bearing in mind that the ceremony is only expected to last about an hour, is this public money well spent?
BS Town Councillor
Last 5 posts in Local Government
- South Glos council tax to rise by 3.99 percent - March 18th, 2020
- By-election set to see around 6,700 voters called to the polls in Bradley Stoke South - March 4th, 2020
- Councillor’s resignation could trigger costly by-election - February 3rd, 2020
- All change for local elections on 2nd May - April 3rd, 2019
- South Glos council tax to rise by 2.99 percent - March 14th, 2019