Non-cable broadband users in Bradley Stoke can now get their (albeit slow) internet connections at a reduced price thanks to a regrading of the Almondsbury exchange by Ofcom.
The regulator has moved the exchange from ‘Market 2’ to ‘Market 3’, which means that some ISPs might be able to offer lower prices for broadband services.
BT-owned PlusNet’s Value package is now available for £6.49/month to subscribers on 01454 numbers, a near 50% reduction compared to the ‘Market 2’ price of £12.99/month.
More information and related links:
- Review of the wholesale broadband access markets (Ofcom) [PDF, 1.3MB]
- Bradley Stoke Better Broadband Campaign (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020