Non-cable broadband users in Bradley Stoke can now get their (albeit slow) internet connections at a reduced price thanks to a regrading of the Almondsbury exchange by Ofcom.
The regulator has moved the exchange from ‘Market 2’ to ‘Market 3’, which means that some ISPs might be able to offer lower prices for broadband services.
BT-owned PlusNet’s Value package is now available for £6.49/month to subscribers on 01454 numbers, a near 50% reduction compared to the ‘Market 2’ price of £12.99/month.
More information and related links:
- Review of the wholesale broadband access markets (Ofcom) [PDF, 1.3MB]
- Bradley Stoke Better Broadband Campaign (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021