The petrol filling station at Tesco Bradley Stoke has been closed since early this afternoon (Friday) following a leakage of fuel.
Two fire engines attended the scene and the whole forecourt was closed off as a precautionary measure.
A spokesperson for Avon Fire & Rescue told The Journal that residual fuel from one of the pumps had leaked onto the forecourt.
The incident was dealt with by Tesco staff using on-site sand supplies with the fire service appliances standing by as a precaution.
No fuel left the site and no environmental damaged was caused, according to the fire service spokesperson.
The station was still closed at 6:30pm as staff from waste solutions specialists Cleansing Service Group cleaned up the site.
A customer services representative at Tesco Bradley Stoke said the duty manager was unable to provide a comment.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bowsland Green’s Covid-19 ‘happiness snake’ finds a new home at Willow Brook - 26th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020