The petrol filling station at Tesco Bradley Stoke has been closed since early this afternoon (Friday) following a leakage of fuel.
Two fire engines attended the scene and the whole forecourt was closed off as a precautionary measure.
A spokesperson for Avon Fire & Rescue told The Journal that residual fuel from one of the pumps had leaked onto the forecourt.
The incident was dealt with by Tesco staff using on-site sand supplies with the fire service appliances standing by as a precaution.
No fuel left the site and no environmental damaged was caused, according to the fire service spokesperson.
The station was still closed at 6:30pm as staff from waste solutions specialists Cleansing Service Group cleaned up the site.
A customer services representative at Tesco Bradley Stoke said the duty manager was unable to provide a comment.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020