The petrol filling station at Tesco Bradley Stoke has been closed since early this afternoon (Friday) following a leakage of fuel.
Two fire engines attended the scene and the whole forecourt was closed off as a precautionary measure.
A spokesperson for Avon Fire & Rescue told The Journal that residual fuel from one of the pumps had leaked onto the forecourt.
The incident was dealt with by Tesco staff using on-site sand supplies with the fire service appliances standing by as a precaution.
No fuel left the site and no environmental damaged was caused, according to the fire service spokesperson.
The station was still closed at 6:30pm as staff from waste solutions specialists Cleansing Service Group cleaned up the site.
A customer services representative at Tesco Bradley Stoke said the duty manager was unable to provide a comment.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021