Local MP Jack Lopresti has welcomed the announcement by Airbus of a £70m investment in a new office facility at Filton.
The new Airbus Aerospace Park will be a modern, highly efficient, engineering and technology campus, which it is hoped will help cement the region’s global reputation for aeronautics.
Writing in an article on his website, Mr Lopresti said:
“The last few days have been great news for Filton, the South West and the British economy, and I congratulate Airbus for their continued commitment to our local area. I am delighted that Airbus has made such a strong commitment to Filton. The new Airbus Aerospace Park will secure thousands of jobs locally and is a fitting recognition to the home of British aviation.”
Subject to planning permission being obtained, work on the 12-acre site could start in early 2012.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020