Local MP Jack Lopresti has welcomed the announcement by Airbus of a £70m investment in a new office facility at Filton.
The new Airbus Aerospace Park will be a modern, highly efficient, engineering and technology campus, which it is hoped will help cement the region’s global reputation for aeronautics.
Writing in an article on his website, Mr Lopresti said:
“The last few days have been great news for Filton, the South West and the British economy, and I congratulate Airbus for their continued commitment to our local area. I am delighted that Airbus has made such a strong commitment to Filton. The new Airbus Aerospace Park will secure thousands of jobs locally and is a fitting recognition to the home of British aviation.”
Subject to planning permission being obtained, work on the 12-acre site could start in early 2012.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020