Local MP Jack Lopresti has welcomed the announcement by Airbus of a £70m investment in a new office facility at Filton.
The new Airbus Aerospace Park will be a modern, highly efficient, engineering and technology campus, which it is hoped will help cement the region’s global reputation for aeronautics.
Writing in an article on his website, Mr Lopresti said:
“The last few days have been great news for Filton, the South West and the British economy, and I congratulate Airbus for their continued commitment to our local area. I am delighted that Airbus has made such a strong commitment to Filton. The new Airbus Aerospace Park will secure thousands of jobs locally and is a fitting recognition to the home of British aviation.”
Subject to planning permission being obtained, work on the 12-acre site could start in early 2012.
Last 5 posts in General News
- VE Day carnival rearranged for May 2021 - July 25th, 2020
- Stone ‘happiness snake’ just keeps on growing! - July 14th, 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom summer 2020 update - July 11th, 2020
- The Brightwell: A new beginning - July 10th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Volunteering to ensure the most vulnerable in our community are supported - July 10th, 2020