Local MP Jack Lopresti has welcomed the announcement by Airbus of a £70m investment in a new office facility at Filton.
The new Airbus Aerospace Park will be a modern, highly efficient, engineering and technology campus, which it is hoped will help cement the region’s global reputation for aeronautics.
Writing in an article on his website, Mr Lopresti said:
“The last few days have been great news for Filton, the South West and the British economy, and I congratulate Airbus for their continued commitment to our local area. I am delighted that Airbus has made such a strong commitment to Filton. The new Airbus Aerospace Park will secure thousands of jobs locally and is a fitting recognition to the home of British aviation.”
Subject to planning permission being obtained, work on the 12-acre site could start in early 2012.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021