A speed reminder sign positioned in Woodlands Road, Bradley Stoke, has shown that 85% of traffic travels faster than 35mph – in an area where the legal speed limit is 30mph.
The ‘Speedvisor’ sign was set up to measure the speed of east bound vehicles between 3rd February and 14th March, after repeated complaints about speeding had been made at meetings of the Bradley Stoke Safer and Stronger Group.
Back in 2009, police reported that 40 motorists had been prosecuted or sent on speed awareness courses for speeding along the same road.
Read more: Speedvisor results (SGC)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019