Bradley Stoke Town FC (BSTFC) have run out winners of the Gloucestershire FA Intermediate Cup with a 2-1 victory over Mendip United FC.
Last night’s match at Oakland Park, Almomdsbury, saw the local team fight back strongly after going 1-0 down 15 minutes into the game.
Two goals from central defender Ben Osborne (in the 42nd and 51st minutes) turned the game around and sterling work from the BSTFC defence prevented Mendip getting back into the game.
BSTFC Chair Ian Drew told The Journal:
“I am extremely proud to be associated with Bradley Stoke Town FC winning the Intermediate Cup 2-1 against Mendip United.”
“The way they played with total togetherness and in the correct spirit of the game and a never say die attitude. The whole squad cannot be praised enough.”
“Congratulations to Ben Osborne for scoring both goals. Matt Burgess as captain and leading from example and especially Manager and Head Coach Martin Lee for his continued success. Long may it last.”
“I would also like to thank those from Bradley Stoke who attended. Of the approximately 200 spectators, there must have been 175 plus who were cheering their team on to victory.”
This is the club’s first victory in the competition, having been narrowly defeated 2-1 by Brislington Cricketers in the 2007 final.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018