Tesco Extra in Bradley Stoke has banned people from bringing balloons into the store over fears that a member of staff could suffer an allergic reaction, reports the Bristol Evening Post.
A mother and her young son were “accosted” by a security guard, who told them they couldn’t come into the supermarket carrying a balloon because “someone could have an allergic reaction to the latex”.
A Tesco spokesperson is quoted as explaining that a member of staff at the store has a severe latex allergy so customers are asked “not to bring latex balloons into this one store”.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - June 9th, 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - September 19th, 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - September 6th, 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - August 10th, 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - August 2nd, 2019