Local runners, joggers and walkers are being encouraged to get their entries in for the 2011 renewal of the Bradley Stoke 10k Run, to be held on Sunday 12th June as part of the town’s Community Festival.
Entries for the increasingly popular event have been open since March and banners advertising the race have appeared around town over the last few days.
Organised by local ladies-only running club Sole Sisters, the race starts and finishes at the Jubilee Centre in Savages Wood Road.
The race route [map] takes in much of the Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve as well as including stretches along Brook Way and Bradley Stoke Way.
Last year’s winner was Will New of Cheltenham & County Harriers, who completed the course in a time of 35:26, while local lady Rozanne de Villiers was the first woman home in 48:09.
The entry limit for this year’s race remains at 500, having last year been raised from 350. Entry fees are £13 (affiliated)/£15 (unaffiliated) and all finishers will receive a free technical t-shirt and goody bag.
The Nicola Corrie Support Foundation has once again been nominated as the official fundraising charity for this year’s race.
Anyone looking for some race practice prior to the Bradley Stoke event might like to try the Almondsbury Family Fun Run [entry form] on Sunday 8th May, where courses of 1k, 5k and 10k are offered.
More information and related links:
- Bradley Stoke 10k Run 2011 Entry Form [PDF, 431KB]
- Bradley Stoke 10k Run (The Journal)
- Bradley Stoke Community Festival (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018